Plantation controlled structural Balsa for Infusion
BALTEK® SBC is our balsa wood core material from controlled cultivation. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®) certification ensures that all balsa wood comes from FSC®-certified plantations and all production steps are subjected to stringent monitoring. The balsa wood from 3A Composites plantations guarantees highest-quality balsa core and full traceability from the end product back to the tree.
Ask for BALTEK® SBC FSC®-certified core material (FSC-C111102). SBC has excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio. It can be processed with all known resin systems and processes and has excellent laminate adhesion properties. Furthermore, it is resistant to temperature changes, fire and chemicals (e.g. styrene).
BALTEK® SBC is an ideal core material made from renewable resources with a very broad range of use.
Plantations do play a vital role in helping humans meet their needs. By applying the rigorous FSC Principles and Criteria to plantations FSC can help ensure that plantations take, in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, some of the pressure off the world’s remaining natural forests and slow the rate of deforestation.
- Extremely high specific stiffness and strength
- Excellent fire behavior
- Ecological product from FSC®-certified plantations
- Full traceability and highest-quality wood due to stringent process control from seedling to delivery
- Very broad operating temperature range from -212°C to +163°C
- Excellent fatigue resistance and impact resistance
- Excellent sound absorption and thermal insulation
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Ship and boat construction: hull, decks, bulkheads, superstructures
- Wind farms: rotor blade shells and webs
- Automotive and rail: floor, side and roof panels, front and side covering
- Aerospace: floor plates, bulkheads and structural parts of sport aircrafts
- Military applications: naval boats, containers, transport pallets, shelters
- Industrial components: covers, sports equipment, tanks, mold construction
- Vacuum infusion
- Hand lamination / spray lay-up
- Prepreg processing (up to 180°C)
- Resin injection (RTM)
- Adhesive bonding
Selected grade structural balsa
Advantages: extreme strength and stiffness, ecological product, best cost-property ratio, excellent impact resistance and fatigue properties