Engineering with a purpose
For more than 75 years our driving force has been developing high-quality core material solutions of superior durability and performance. Innovation, durability and efficiency are deeply planted in our core.
Innovative product solutions
Our customers' requirements are as individual as our services. Therefore, our customers can rely on our know-how as early as from the evaluation phase. We develop effective configurations for lightweight composites and cost-effective raw materials specifications. We provide integrated support from the very beginning to the manufacturing process for customized lightweight sandwich components. Our services span product and process development as well as training. Our motto is flexibility paired with reliable use of our own production technologies for a wide range of segment-specific specialty products.
We offer the broadest portfolio of products and materials allowing us to be present in different market segments. In cooperation with our partners we develop innovative solutions in many areas, e.g. renewable energy, marine, automotive, building and construction, aerospace, and industrial components . Our services bring added value to you and your customers – they are customized and sustainable, but cost-effective and environmentally-friendly at the same time.
From our vast experience we know that early product development phases can lead to high costs. It is thus essential to have the right partner by your side from the very start. Besides our own experts, we frequently work together with a large network of powerful partners such as test institutes, universities and third party companies.
We can support you in all project phases by providing:
- Consultation about product selection, processing and application
- Theoretical and hands-on training for product development and manufacturing processes
- Feasible design
- Rough component dimensioning during the concept phase
- Compliance verification for specifications
- Validation of specific requirements
- Prototype manufacturing
- Initiation and optimization of the manufacturing process (on-site service)
- Verification by prototyping and component testing
- Component certifications issued by official authorities and certification companies
Product and process development
Our methods based on im@c management system (Innovation Management @Composites) – proven to be effective for many years – are used to develop innovative, powerful and cost-effective composite solutions for our customers.
We utilize computer-assisted methods for product and process development, e.g. CAD and FEA while providing full assistance in the entire manufacturing process starting from conception, management and 3D data conversion to integrated and cost-optimized production.
Other focal points related to product development are:
- R&D centers of excellence in foam and balsa
- Product development methods and systems
- Generating innovation, development and construction by applying holistic approach to product creation process (product creation)
- Designing production and assembly processes
- Designing production-related order management
- Integrated product creation including functional models, prototypes and test devices (production, assembly and test)
- Design review of the existing product lines
Material testing and certification
Our experienced engineers test the existing sandwich designs and develop new solutions for project-specific inquires. In our own labs, we test materials and components as well as processes for compliance with ASTM, EN, ISO and other recognized standards. We also test product applications and development programs. Our extensive equipment allows us to perform custom tests in an individualized manner.
We conform to recognized standards, e.g. ABS, DNV.GL, Lloyd's Register, Korean Register and customer specifications.
Many different product certificates – awarded by official certification organization – are available upon request. If custom certificates are required, they can be issued by our own test laboratories as well as in close cooperation with our partners.
We offer our support and engineering skills throughout the process. When needed, our experienced engineers and process specialists can also provide on-site customer assistance for:
- Process consulting
- Introduction of new processes
- Prototype manufacturing
- Optimization of existing processes